Friday 19 February 2016

Day 76: Byron Bay

Friday 19th February 

Sea kayaking cancelled, chilling in Byron Bay

Distance: Walking, 6km
Total Distance: 11941km

Today's Sea Kayaking was cancelled due to weather warnings. I don't mind too much- Byron Bay's an amazing place and we were all happy to have a day to chill out here. Our rainforest glamping enclave was hot and humid so Katie, a Brit, Sarah, of the USA, and I, no known residence, took a stroll down to the beach.

Here the waves were thick and fast- time for a swim! I joined a huge gang of random guys doing something that looked like body boarding but without the board. We'd jump over or swim under little waves getting out and waiting for something larger. Then try to paddle back in fast enough to catch the wave. The times I managed to properly catch the wave were amazingly fun. I might be starting to like beaches!

Once I was tired and dirty it was time to come in. A little dry off time then I wanted to be off- I'm not keen on burning under the strong sun here and I've got a blog to write for you lovely people. Katie wanted a shower so we left Sarah to brown, returning to ByronStock.

By 4pm I was kind of hungry and had been advised to try a Portugese chicken burger joint. Here I found Sarah and we took our succulent meaty treat down to the park. Here, surrounded by people who've maintained Peace & Love mantras since the 60's, and their paduwan learners, I've caught up on the blog. Next up, Yorkshire Tea at the hostel, some reading, them Thai food with the crew, and maybe a paint party. Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment