Monday 28 March 2016

Day 111: Flying back to Melbourne

Good Friday 25th March

Flew back to Melbourne 
Easter weekend- not a good time for travelling or shopping

Distance:
Total Distance:

Didn't have to be up until 9am!!! I checked out at 10am then went to go find the correct bus (nor much to ask normally). I didn't fly until after 1pm so I had over 2 hours of sitting around reading and writing.
Flew back next to a 50 year old lady (a modern equivalent of Mrs Bucket-the BBC comedy character) who spent the whole two hour flight filing her nails. Two hours! Geez, go buy a book.
Got back in and was totally befuddled by the changes in the trams- Easter weekend and tram works had completely changed what I'd been used to compared to last time I was here.
Checked in then spent 30 minutes trying to find a supermarket that was open- ended up having to go to the Seven-Eleven mini-mart to get something akin to dinner. 

Between all of this I got a few chats in with my new room mates. I had an especially good chat with a Canadian/Dutch girl who's off to work on a cattle station near Brisbane. She's also an accidentally published poet- but in Dutch. Her teacher had sent a collection of her poetry to a friend who managed to get it published! There's also a Scottish guy who's quite determined that he's going to stay in Australia, just needs to get a steady job and home then be here long enough for residency. Normally people think they can do this stuff on a whim but he's very determined about it. Good luck to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment