Wednesday 30 December 2015

Day 24: Moved closer to the Franz Josef glacier, did Laundry, all thrilling for me :P

Tuesday 29th December 

I did laundry! That should not be as exciting as it is. But I'm now just below NZ's glacier, Franz Josef

Distance: bus, 129km

Total Distance: 3995km

I washed my clothes today! They fill half a load. It's all I need.

Is it bad that that is the best thing to happen today? Sorry, just haven't had time to do a wash since Wellington. (Thank you to Sara for helping out with that one!)

We set out with a varied collection of hang overs towards Franz Josef, the town set up below the Franz  Josef Glacier. We stopped off at a lake for more pictures, had a wee walk, then got here for an afternoon of chilling out.

A few went kayaking this afternoon, but I will be going tomorrow evening. We organised that as well as going to see the glacier tomorrow (weather permitting). Then laundry, visit NZ's no.1 bakery, sat in a hot tub, write up a weeks worth of blog (slap wrists for slacking), and now is time for happy hour and all you can eat pizza.

Soon all of the friends I made so far will be going south whilst I spend 4 nights here, then 4 nights in the next stop. Won't see them again unless something really crazy happens, or we all meet up in Europe, which would be cool.

Cup of Yorkshire Tea 2 down, time for a beersies

No comments:

Post a Comment